TOUR 2 - BOSPHORUS CRUISE & TWO CONTINENTS ( Full Day Tour)
During this tour IMPERIAL GARDENS OF ROYAL YILDIZ PALACE CIRAGAN PALACE HOTEL KEMPINSKI -BOSPHORUS BRIDGE connecting EUROPE & ASIA continents • BEYLERBEYI PALACE will be pointed out to you from the boat.
- Golden Horn, the arm of the Bosphorus and a natural harbour of the historical peninsula separating the old and the new parts of İstanbul where the first colonies settled during the Byzantine. The residential area for Byzantine Jews, Italian traders and other non-muslim minorities. Drive along the traces of history at Balat viewing Metal Church of St. Stephen the Bulgarian and 21 kms. long City Walls, the strongest fortification of the middle age. -from the bus-Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar), mystical smells of different aromas of various spices. Shops selling fruits, vegetables, fish, flowers etc.
- Bosphorus Cruise, through the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia, with a possibility to take photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residentials and luxurious apartments.
- Rumeli Fortress, historical armament built by the Conqueror to control and protect Bosphorus. A unique example of military architecture. -from the boat-Lunch at a Turkish Restaurant.
- Dolmabahçe Palace, recent residence for Ottoman Sultans built by two Ottoman architects Karabet and Nikogos Balyan on a 110.000 m2 area composed of three sections; Selamlık allocated for state issues, Harem (Seraglio) for private life of the sultan and his family, and the Parade Hall, study and bedroom of ATATÜRK, founder of the Turkish Republic is also here. Famous with great collection of European antiquity, furniture and 4.5 tons of handelier, the palace has 285 rooms and 46 halls.
- Bosphorus Bridge, unique chance to step from one continent (Europe) to another (Asia) in 2 minutes.
- Çamlıca Hill or Yeditepe, exposing a panoramic view of İstanbul and Bosphorus from the best point of view.